Do you have a store location?
- Since 1989 we have been located at:
(336) 299-6000 website number
What hours are you open?
Our Hours of Operation are: Monday-Saturday from 10am-9pm and Sundays from 12pm-7pm.
What products do you carry?
- African American Art (store)–we carry a wide variety of items that are of interest to people of African American culture such as: Books, figurines, art, Greek/Mason/OES paraphernalia, and natural hair care products.
- GreekStuff.com—this is our website dedicated to the needs of the Divine Nine, Mason and OES organizations.
- CurlyCutie.com–is our website dedicated to the needs of persons with kinky, curly, and wavy hair textures. This site was created to help persons with these textures better find products that will provide them with help for issues such as: hydration, daily maintenance, growth, scalp concerns, moisture and the overall care of their hair while in it’s natural state!
How long does it take for you to ship/deliver products?
- Orders will ship within 48 hours as long as it is instock in our retail store location. If an order has special shipping needs we will accommodate those orders with priority care. All orders placed with in the Greensboro, High Point, Burlington, & Winston Salem areas can be picked up at our store in Four Seasons Town Center if you do not wish to purchase shipping.
What forms of payment do you take?
We accept: Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover, African American Art Gift Cards, Money Orders and PayPal for all web orders. We do accept cash in our retail location as well. We don NOT accept any personal or business checks.
How long does it take for you to ship my products? When will I receive them?
- Items are usually shipped within 48 hours on business days and are shipped via USPS or UPS.
What is involved with a consultation?
- During the consultation, one of our Nappiologist actually apply various products to your hair so that you can see which products work best for you and your hair type!
Shall I make an appointment for a consultation?
- No, consultations are done on a walk-in basis only. Please note that if our associates are busy there may be a wait for the FREE consultation.
How long does a consultation take?
- Typical consultations last 10-15 mins per person.
What is the charge for a consultation?
- We offer our consultations to our customers FREE of charge!
Is African American Art or CurlyCutie.com a salon?
- No, we are a family owned retail establishment that uses our 60 plus years of retail knowledge to find products that we know our consumers need and want!
Am I able to walk in the store and purchase your products listed on your website?
- Sure! We would love for you to stop by and see all of the various products that we carry in our retail location! Our business hours are: Monday-Saturday from 10am-9pm and Sundays from 12pm-7pm! We are closed on the following holidays: Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
I am transitioning from a relaxer to natural. Can I come in for a free consultation?
- Due to the chemical relaxer counteracting the various products we sell, we advise that you come in for our FREE consultation once you have at least 2 to 3 inches of new growth. We would be better able to assess your individual needs at this time!
Can I bring my friends and/or family to watch during my consultation?
- Sure! Due to the nature of our FREE consultations they are done out in the open where others can view us put products in your hair. Please make sure that your hair is clean when you stop by for a consultation and free of any existing products so that we may better assess how the products we will apply will work on your hair texture!
- All in-store and Internet sales at African American Art and CurlyCutie.com are FINAL. We do allow customers to make exchanges at our discretion. Request for exchanges must be made within 5 business days from the time of purchase and must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. Damaged products must be reported within 24 hours of receipt. Please call (336) 299-6000 to report any damaged goods that we shipped by CurlyCutie.com. Proof of damage will be required. Customers are always welcome to contact African American Art and CurlyCutie.com with any questions regarding your order and our return/exchange policy. Thank you for your business!